In 4 days I will be having surgery…
For the past few weeks our mailbox and front door step have be inundated with words of encouragement and prayer, care packages to get me through post surgery, and more offers to help in whatever way possible. I am so overwhelmed with gratitude for the kindness of so many people. Thank you so much for all of your prayers, kind words, sweet gifts, and willingness to help. I am so very grateful!
Surprisingly, I am feeling pretty good about surgery on Tuesday. I’m just ready for it to be over with at this point.
Here are a few prayer requests for surgery on Tuesday:
1) The cancer stayed in my breast and did not venture out to my lymph nodes or anywhere further.
2) Both surgeries to go smoothly (bi-lateral mastectomy and reconstruction part 1) – Pray for my doctors (by name if you want – Dr. Morehouse and Dr. Mackay), the nurses, the anesthesiologist, and anyone else who may be involved.
3) Pain management after the surgery. I know I will be ok, I know it will be painful, I know it will be hard, but I will be fine! I had a natural birth with John, I can certainly do this right?!? 😉
4) Sleep – I’ve had really bad allergies this week and Steven and I have both been having trouble sleeping. I’m sure the impending surgery will only make it more difficult the next few days.
5) Anxiety after surgery – surprisingly I have been emotionally great the past week, but I’m a little worried about after surgery.
That’s all for now, quick and sweet. Thank you for joining me in prayer.