I haven’t been the best writing on this blog recently, but these posts are fun and simple so I figured I’d write another one for this Friday!!
1) Upstairs at the White House – J.B. West – This is the book I’m reading right now- it’s not a book with an interesting plot or one that you can’t stop reading, but it’s so interesting! It’s about a man who worked in the White House and he talks about the First Family’s lives. If this book was written now it would be a reality show, but it’s almost like re-reading history through a different lens. Another book I recently finished that deserves a mention is The Alice Network – go get it and read it, SO GOOD!
2) Juice Beauty’s Illuminating Primer and Flawless Serum Foundation – I am always looking for great makeup and skin products that do not have hormone disruptors and other added chemicals. I LOVE Beauty Counter brand products, BUT I don’t like that I can’t just go to the store and buy it or try it out on my own. I recently started hormone therapy for breast cancer and my skin has not been happy with it. Well, Juice Beauty has made a huge difference for me! I went to Ulta, there was a Juice Beauty rep there, she got the right colors for me, and 20 minutes later I was on my way home. It was great! Their products are a 1 on EWG’s website, which is what I always try to get with any hair, skin, etc product.
3) This coffee maker – Ninja Coffee Bar – it’s a life changer! It has a milk frother and will make any size coffee from a single cup to a whole pot! It is a little pricey. I got it at Target before Christmas on a huge sale, but what we were paying for keurig pods that we didn’t even like makes up for what we are saving with this one!
4) Serial Podcast (Season 1) – I am SO behind on this train, but I have to mention it anyway. If you’ve listened to podcasts for awhile then you already know about this one. Season 1 is from 2014 and if you need something to listen to while you’re in the car for while, this is it! It’s about a murder case of a high school student. In case you are not the type of person to listen or watch scary things, you will be fine with this. I am scared of everything, but had no problem listening to this! I did however not like listening to it at night only because its not what I wanted to fall asleep thinking about. I did one night and wish I wouldn’t have, but not because I was scared. Just go listen!! They has a second season and another new podcast called S-Town. I will be listening, soon!
5) These black leggings!!! I found mine at TJ Maxx, but I just recently found them on Amazon. Black leggings necessary and are part of my daily, mom uniform. These are the perfect, livable pair. They are not compression, so don’t expect them to be tight or hold you in necessarily, but they are high rise and that’s amazing. The only downfall is you need a lint brush – especially if you have a dog!